Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mid-Terms Suck

As some of you know, I'm taking classes to pursue my masters degree (possibly PhD) in mechanical engineering a CU Boulder. I didn't think I had enough going on with two kids, full-time job, social life, recreation, etc., so I thought that I'd pile some more on top. This week is mid-term, and I've been busy studying solid state chemistry and the physics behind symmetry and crystal formation. You know, calculation of Madelung constants and Bragg's rule for x-ray diffraction patterns. I figured you'd be interested, so let's go over some of the finer points of what I've been studying...I'm only joking, of course. I don't even want to be reading that bullshyte, and it's bad enough that I ask you to read some of my other ramblings about arcane nonsense. I won't put you through the same spanking machine that I'm forced to go through.

Since I won't have time to write a good weird-ass article this week, I thought I'd give you a status update on the fam. Everyone is happy and healthy. Jax is pretty much a real person now, and Syd is a lot less like crib larvae. Regarding Syd, I'd like to address a private issue publicly if you don't mind. It's something that has nagging at me since she was born. Much like most guys I'm a little insecure about...well...about who the actual father is. I think I've narrowed it down to who it could be. Take a look at the picture below. Be honest what do you think? It's Hardy, isn't it? I knew I couldn't trust that fat bastard...
Here are a couple of pics of my little ones.



I wish everyone could experience the same amount of happiness in their lives. I am a very lucky man. Now back to my pennance: determination of lattice constants and elastic scattering from disordered materials. Yippee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU COULDNT HAVE A MORE BEAUITFUL,FAMILY, IF YOUR TAKING BETS ON THE LITTLE ONE I THINK WE HAVE SOME OF CIRCLY RUNNIMG IN HER VEINS.NICE LITTLE BASEBALL HEAD LIKE YOURS.YOU SHOULD BE PROUND YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB, LOVE YOU GUYS. JEWELS

TJ said...

Dan,

You and I go way back and you know I think the world of you and your family, but you have to keep your sense of humor, man. If it ever get's to serious, just remember what happened to my friend, Anna:

http://tstough.diaryland.com/physics.html